Theoretical background: Software
AvaSoft is a software package that can be used to control all Avantes spectrometers and a wide range of accessories. The latest version can be used with Windows XP up to Windows 10. Since the initial version of AvaSoft in 1996, a major upgrade has been released at least once a year, featuring new options and possibilities.
Our state of the art modular software is available as a scalable platform:
- AvaSoft-Basic: Everything needed for basic measurements and controlling your AvaSpec series spectrometer, including basic data acquisition. Basic allows you to save and display data in the following modes: scope, transmission, absorption and relative irradiance.
- AvaSoft-Full: Includes all possibilities of AvaSoft-Basic and adds many other options, such as history channel functions, auto-calibration procedures and external triggering.
- Application add-on modules for AvaSoft-Full enable special measurement procedures: color measurements, absolute irradiance, chemometrics, process control and real-time export to Excel.
- AvaSoft-All, which includes AvaSoft-Full and all add-on application modules in one package.
- Stand-alone AvaSoft packages for pre-configured systems, such as AvaSoft-Raman for our Raman line of systems and AvaSoft-Thinfilm for measurements with the AvaThinfilm system.
- Dynamic Link Library (DLL) interface packages with support for basic spectrometer control, color measurements and irradiance measurements.
The most recent release of AvaSoft can be downloaded free of charge. The downloaded AvaSoft can be used by customers who already have an AvaSpec spectrometer and want to update their software version, but also by anyone who wants to try out the AvaSoft-FULL version and/or add-on applications. When no spectrometer is connected to the computer, AvaSoft will start in demo-mode, making it ideal to try out our software.
In demo-mode, the software will work as AvaSoft-Full, making it possible to test spectrometer functions and display and analyze spectra offline.