Avantes has some great advantages in LIBS applications:
- Multirack in combination with resolution
- Timing and triggering
- Extensive knowledge on LIBS
Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) is a rapid chemical analysis technology that uses a short laser pulse to create a micro-plasma on the sample surface. This analytical technique offers many compelling advantages compared to other elemental analysis techniques. These include:
- A sample preparation-free measurement experience
- Extremely fast measurement time, usually a few seconds, for a single spot analysis
- Broad elemental coverage, including lighter elements, such as H, Be, Li, C, N, O, Na, and Mg
- Versatile sampling protocols that include fast raster of the sample surface and depth profiling
- Thin-sample analysis without the worry of the substrate interference
A typical detection limit of LIBS for heavy metallic elements is in the low-PPM range. LIBS is applicable to a wide range of sample matrices that include metals, semiconductors, glasses, biological tissues, insulators, plastics, soils, plants, soils, thin-paint coating, and electronic materials.
Several customers have integrated Avantes spectrometers in different analysers for industrial and laboratory applications. Ask our Sales Engineers for more information on LIBS measurements.
You can also download the Avantes LIBS application note here.