AvaSpec services and calibrations
Avantes has some great advantages in LIBS applications:
- Multirack in combination with resolution
- Timing and triggering
- Extensive knowledge on LIBS
Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) is a rapid chemical analysis technology that uses a short laser pulse to create a micro-plasma on the sample surface. This analytical technique offers many compelling advantages compared to other elemental analysis techniques. These include:
- A sample preparation-free measurement experience
- Extremely fast measurement time, usually a few seconds, for a single spot analysis
- Broad elemental coverage, including lighter elements, such as H, Be, Li, C, N, O, Na, and Mg
- Versatile sampling protocols that include fast raster of the sample surface and depth profiling
- Thin-sample analysis without the worry of the substrate interference
A typical detection limit of LIBS for heavy metallic elements is in the low-PPM range. LIBS is applicable to a wide range of sample matrices that include metals, semiconductors, glasses, biological tissues, insulators, plastics, soils, plants, soils, thin-paint coating, and electronic materials.
Several customers have integrated Avantes spectrometers in different analysers for industrial and laboratory applications. Take a look at this LIBS applications article or ask our Sales Engineers for more information on LIBS measurements.
You can also download the Avantes LIBS application note here.